Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Once Upon a Time...

It was a little like those fairy tales I used to read as a little girl. But at the same time, I wasn't a damsel in distress just waiting around for my prince. I was doing my own thing, going to school, working, planning my future, when he found me. Our first official date was to the Layton City fireworks on the 5th of July. That was also the first time he ever kissed me. [He doesn't wait very well, and what can I say? He's cute!] Amazingly, he kept asking me out, and I kept saying yes! We dated for 4 fantastic weeks. On one of those dates, we went and spent the day at Bear Lake. After we swam all day, we decided to settle down on the beach and watch the sunset. As we were sitting there, Cam asked me "So, Lindy, tell me about the man you've always wanted to marry ever since you were a little girl." So I started off with the list all us girls have had since we were old enough to think boys are cute. "Well, he has to be tall, muscular, a worthy priesthood holder..." After I'd finished spouting off my list, he said "We need to talk." If you've ever been in a serious relationship, you know that those are scary words! They usually precede a break-up or a serious 'can you do this better/differently/not at all?' talk. So I sat up, with my heart racing, palms sweating, and asked him, "Ok... what's up?" He looked at me with those big, brown eyes, held out a ring, and said "I love you. Will you marry me?" and I said "YES!!" Now, we're getting ready to sealed for time and all eternity on December 18th in the Salt Lake Temple.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you two, are pretty cute together. Best of wishes!!!Love Can, Cor and Emm.

    ReplyDelete