Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Challenging...

A friend of mine challenged me to come up with one good thing that either happens to me or that I think of everyday for the next 27 days [until she leaves for Africa]. So I thought, why not? If anything, it'll help me think of and remember the good things that happened during my day instead of the not so great :)

So, today's good thing...

I was messaging my dad after he got done with teaching for today. My dad teaches seminary. Its the coolest job ever. Well, this semester, he's also teaching an institute class for the seniors at the high school that he teaches at. I asked him what he was teaching about tonight and he was sweet enough to send me his power point so that I could read it and go over the scriptures he's using tonight.
The title of tonight's class is "Jesus Christ-The Son of God." As soon as my dad told me what he was teaching I got excited. I opened the power point file and as I read the title, that one phrase brought more emotions to the surface than I was expecting. Because I know it's true.
He talks about the roles that Christ has in our lives and throughout the scriptures. A few he talks about are Creator, Son of God, Redeemer, Savior, Advocate, and Father.

Jesus Christ is my Savior and my Redeemer. I know this to be true.

[If you want to know more about what I know is true, go here. Its a good place to get started..]

I'm so thankful for my Savior, for His gospel. I'm thankful for the great example of my parents. I'm thankful that they taught me to always choose the right and listen to the Spirit. I'm thankful that I can have an eternal family because Cameron and I were sealed in temple for time and all eternity.. I'm thankful that I will be able to see my sister again..



"From first to last, Jesus is the same, always the same-majestic and simple, infinitely severe and infinitely gentle. Throughout a life passed under the public eye, he never gives occasion to find fault. The prudence of his conduct compels our admiration by its union of force and gentleness. Alike in speech and action, he is enlightened, consistent, and calm. Sublimity is said to be an attribute of divinity. What name then shall we give him, in whose character were united every element of the sublime? I know men, and I tell you that Jesus Christ is not a man. Everything in him amazes me. His spirit out-reaches mine, and his will confounds me. Comparison is impossible between him and any other being in the world. He is truly a being by himself. I see nothing here of man. Near as I may approach, closely as I may examine, all remains above my comprehension-great witha greatness that crushes me. It is in vain that I reflect -all remains unaccountable! I defy you to cite another life like that of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment