Saturday, March 9, 2013

we are still alive, i think.

Once upon a time, the school semester took over our lives. Actually, that happens all the time, not just once.

We have officially made it halfway through Spring semester and I am thrilled because this means a few things:
1. 6 more weeks of student teaching and I will be a college graduate. Holla!
2. Cam has Spring Break this week, and he deserves it.
3. Summer is that much closer and summer means sunshine, warmth, and vacations, which is where I thrive.

I've just finished up 7 weeks in a 6th grade middle school class teaching Language Arts, Reading, and Social Studies twice a day. I was honestly afraid that they would be mean and snotty and that I would be miserable. They proved me wrong. I LOVE those sweet little sixth graders [even if a handful of them are as tall as I am] and I miss them already. They work hard and most of them still think that school is important and awesome, which is something I love about kids. They are willing to meet your expectations if you believe in them...

Third grade has been interesting so far. I've only been there for a week so we'll see. Its definitely a very different atmosphere from the middle school but it should be good! Wish me luck. We have a substitute on Monday so we'll see how the kids and I do...

Cam took me out to dinner last night for date night and we're going to a movie tonight. That boy spoils me; I only hope I'm as good to him as he is to me.
[Shout out to my Mom and Dad for the gift card.. Thank you!!!]

We're not that exciting right now, seeing as I teach and Cam works and goes to school, then we eat, sleep, and repeat every day. But its a good life and I'm so lucky to have such a hard-working, handsome husband who does everything he can to make sure we're doing well.

And even though we may not be very exciting, I love those moments when we are snuggled up on the couch watching the latest episode of Bones, Duck Dynasty, or Modern Family and he pulls me a little closer and kisses the top of my head. It is simply one more reminder of how blessed I am. I am blessed to live in a trailer park for inexpensive rent and enough space for us both; I am blessed to have a man who supports me in everything I do and is eternally patient when I forget to make dinner or there is laundry everywhere; I am blessed to be sealed to him for time and all eternity.




At our old house carving pumpkins


Seaworld

Florida



California

Bear Lake

Yellowstone 2012.


First Presidency Christmas Devotional.
Love the photobomber in the back. I'd never noticed him before.

One of my favorites of us. Yellowstone 2011. He's a hottie.



I am blessed. 
and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment