Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hiking, Snow Cones, and a Garden. Bucket List #17[kind of], 22, and 35

The long weekend over Memorial Day was a busy one!

Cameron and I both got Saturday off as well as Monday {i LOVE bank holidays!}so we got to spend a lot of time together and it was lovely.

Saturday morning, we woke up and went to the Logan Temple with some friends. It had been a little while since we'd been able to go and it was exactly what I needed. I feel like right now I do a lot of waiting and worrying and wondering what will happen in our future. Being able to sit in the temple, those worries and questions all disappeared for the time we were there and it was amazing. I love the peace that comes from going to the temple...

i am not understanding the squished pictures. making me crazy but i have no idea how to fix it.
Afterwards, we packed up some water and snacks and went hiking up Green Canyon. [Now, I know this is not the Wind Caves, so I'm giving us 1/2 credit for now. ok?] It was beautiful!
Everything is so green right now and I love it! It was really nice to wander up the canyon chatting and enjoying the nature that we have so close to our home. It also helped me convince Cameron that hiking really is fun!

To top off our awesome day, we went and got snowcones. I got red raspberry and Cam picked sour green apple. They were delicious and helped cool us off after our time in the mountains. We then hopped in the truck with our belongings for a weekend away and headed down to spend time with our families.

That night, we made a trip to Home Depot and a handful of pots, a large amount of potting soil, some seeds and starts later, we started our first garden! I'm so excited for everything to grow up and start producing fruits and vegetables. There's just something better about growing it and harvesting it yourself. Although our little garden is tiny and potted, it'll be good to work on it together and help our little plants grow.
I'm so glad I have Cameron around to go along with my crazy projects and ideas.
**update: Its been like a week a half since we planted and we have sprouts! I'm feeling pretty amazing and like I have a serious green-thumb that I need to credit someone for.. now let's just hope i don't kill them.



We totally have radish and carrot sprouts., as well as baby strawberries. amazing.

I have a feeling its going to be a lovely summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment