Thursday, June 27, 2013

my little brother and me.

Last Wednesday, I had the day off of work, so I invited my little brother, Landon, to come and spend Tuesday night and all day Wednesday with us.

Tuesday night we made hawaiian pizza for dinner and watched Pitch Perfect. That movie kills me.
He slept on our couch [it was that or the air mattress & our couches really are quite comfortable. Not bad for being free 2 1/2 years ago...]

The next morning, we woke and did some yoga with Jillian Michaels on YouTube. When I picked this yoga video, I didn't really think that since it was Jillian it would be crazy. I should have thought about it.

It was more like... aerobic yoga.
intense aerobic yoga.
intense sweaty aerobic yoga.
intense sweaty shaking aerobic yoga.


I was tricked by the word yoga and thought it would be relaxing and enjoyable but still exercise. Oh, Jillian... It was definitely exercise, but it was definitely not relaxing... At one point, Landon sat on the couch, drank half his water bottle, and said "this is hard." Fact.

After intense sweaty shaking aerobic yoga, we ate some breakfast and then went to Hobby Lobby to pick out a craft project to do later. We didn't have a specific goal in mind, all we knew was that it had to be fun, easy, and involve my freakin' sweet Cricut machine. So, after wandering the aisles for almost 45 minutes, we decided on ceramic soup bowls and sharpies. We don't take this crafting stuff lightly.

By the time we made up our minds, the Logan Aquatic Center was finally open [it doesn't open until noon... kind of dumb if you ask me...] so we went home and changed into our swim gear, ate some lunch, and headed to the pool!


We got there, planted our belongings on a table, and headed to try out one of the two water slides. It was twirly and the water wasn't too chilly, which I liked. I'll be honest, I was the oldest person in line. Landon was the 2nd oldest person in line. We felt a little awkward... After we got over ourselves, we hopped into the deep pool and swam around, chatted, and just hung out for a while. It was pretty windy that day so we didn't even try to get out of the water for fear of freezing our buns off.

About an hour or so later, we were sufficiently pruned and I needed to visit the ladies room so we climbed out of the pool, ran to our towels, and relaxed and dried for a little while before heading home to craft it up.

We pulled out our plain white soup bowls and sharpies, put some "Phineas and Ferb" on the TV, and went to work. [I forgot how ridiculously funny that show is...] We used the Cricut to cut out sticker templates that we traced with our sharpies. Landon wanted a twirly design and I used a heart. I think they turned out pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. After we were done coloring them, we popped them in the oven for about 30 minutes at 375ish. Then we let them cool while still in the oven. I kind of think we rock at this whole bowl decorating thing. We decided next time we're going to get plates.


We were still in the crafty mood and I had seen this pretty canvas on Pinterest that I really wanted but couldn't afford. So, I pulled out a cheap-o canvas from Michaels, some paint, and some foam brushes and let Landon make one for me! Can you say talented? It was pretty simple, but it turned out exactly how I imagined it. Landon even let me contribute to his masterpiece a teeny tiny bit.

Pretty awesome right??

Then my parents showed up with Sixlets and Lofthouse cookies to bribe me into letting Landon return home with them. [did you know that Smith & Edwards has a candy aisle where everything is like 10 for $1 or 20 for $1? yeah, me neither.]

Thanks for coming to stay with me, bud! I had a fantastic time and can't wait for you to come stay again!
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment