Thursday, July 18, 2013

weekend in review

ps. I forgot to actually post this when I wrote it. And I'm posting it anyways even though its now Thursday and we're closer to the next weekend than to this one. Oops.

This weekend was a fun one full of friends and family.
Friday night, I got home from work to dinner being shoved in my mouth so we could get going. Where? He wouldn't tell me. All I knew was that I had to eat fast, put on "real" shoes, and get in the truck. [Cameron says my cute gold sandals aren't real shoes. Rude.]
He grabbed his gun as some friends of ours were pulling into the driveway. Still, no real idea as to what the plan is. We stopped at the dollar store and bought some balloons and plastic cups, then drove to Providence Canyon. We set up the plastic cups, then the balloons, and each took turns shooting them.
I actually hit things!! I was quite impressed with myself since I was afraid I'd hit nothing and then be embarrassed. But I did it!
Afterwards, we went to a little improv club kind of thing that was kind of funny and kind of silly.
It turned out to be a fun surprise date night!
Thanks, Cam :]

The next morning, we headed to Ogden to look for a new apartment. We toured 2 different places and like 1 more than the other but we've still got some time to keep looking around.
My diploma also came in the mail! I'm officially a college graduate!


 Then, we headed to the airport to welcome Sister Marissa Smith home from her mission!! She spent the last 18 months serving in Kirtland, Ohio and was undoubtedly the best sister missionary I've ever met. It was the weirdest feeling having her come down that escalator after not seeing her so long! I cried a couple happy tears and gave her the biggest hug I've give anyone in a very long time. I'm so glad she's home!!!

After the airport, we went to Rubio's for food and to play a little catch-up with her family. It was so good to see all of them after such a long time.
Cam and I spent a little bit of time with each of our families, said goodbye to everyone, and headed home.

The next day, we went to Tony Grove for an afternoon picnic and to test out my skills [or lack thereof] on a mountain bike around the parking lot & campground. I didn't fall down, but I did cry. Twice. And we weren't even on an actual trail.


At one point as we were heading down a hill, Cam looked at me with a huge smile on his face and said "Look at you! You're mountain biking!" I looked right back at him with tears in my eyes and said "No, this is mountain braking..." I'm terrified of going downhill since I crashed 2 summers ago. I am pleased to report no injuries this time. And I got to pet a gorgeous Aussie-doodle in the parking lot as my reward.
We took the very long way home and went to see Old Ephraim's grave and then went home.


We were both a little worn out from our weekend and fell asleep before 10 that night. It was lovely!

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment